Ravens earrings

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Stained Glass Shop in the basement

Since I was a child, I have always been fascinated by shiny things (glass, crystal, quartz rocks, etc.). I suppose that's why today I enjoy creating stained glass pieces and jewelry. Especially creating a piece for someone and seeing the expression on their face. I enjoy making people happy. It's been a challenge in today's economy, as it is for many, but with my husbands support and encouragement, I'm still doing what I love. He's a pretty special guy!

Today I'm going to continue with my stained glass snowflakes, sun-catchers of flowers and butterflies (spring will be here before we know it).
This is part of my stained glass working area. It's in the basement. I'm soooo happy it's away from all the main rooms. I tried keeping it clean, but when you have several projects going on, it's difficult, especially from the glass grinding. I have dust everywhere. One of my next projects is a blue heron. Side Street Framers in Severna Park have asked me to make one for sale at their shop. If you're ever in the area stop by. They're very talented and fun ladies. They look for artists and carry unique artwork in they're shop aside from the framing.
I'm hoping in February to start a stained glass class at the shop.

1 comment:

  1. The upcoming class sounds like fun! Alex and I would love to try and make it:)

    Your studio space and info about it is great to see. I love looking into others' creative spaces.

    ReplyDelete