Ravens earrings

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Handcrafting images into jewelry

I've been trying to catch-up to tooooo many things the past 2 months.
Here is what you need to make image jewelry like the heron earrings I made( I will be
selling more on my website).

Image downsized to the size you want using Microsoft word.
Very thin glass (purchase through stained glass website)
Cute glass to image size and use grinder to smooth edges
Make 2
Diamond glaze applied to glass and apply image ASAP (glaze dries quickly).
Copper foil each glass with 7/32", burnish, put together, wrap both images,
burnish and solder.
Solder LEAD FREE SOLDER Use jewelry flux (purchase from Fusion Beads)
Flux copper foil, solder, then add jump rings to attach earring findings,etc.

If you have any questions, please contact me @ deltana@comcast.net

1 comment: